OUR DEMOCRACY IS UNDER ATTACK
Republican governors, state legislators, local officials, and the courts have been systematically restricting the right to vote. Across the country we have seen Republicans working to:
- Put limits on early voting
- Make it harder to vote absentee
- Create unnecessary barriers to voter registration
- Understaff, or completely eliminate, polling locations that serve people of color
HOW DEMOCRATIC COUNTY OFFICIALS CAN HELP
With over 3,000 counties in theU.S. and many of those countieselect the officials who administertheir elections. Local officialshave important responsibilitiesthat include locating polling places,registering voters, curing votes,and counting the votes.
THE NDCO SOLUTION
- Build a comprehensive program that identifies opportunities that are objectively considered based on specific guidelines.
- Give electoral support and guidance to election protection champions in collaboration with the progressive community.
- Provide training and best practices in collaboration with partners and voting rights experts to Democratic county election officials and candidates.